THIS IS A PAST EVENT.
As part of our Supervisor Seminar Series, the Introduction to Inclusive Search and Selection Toolkit will assist Faculty and Staff with their recruiting. At the end of the course, participants will be able to understand the following learning objectives:
* Understand the steps in an inclusive search and selection process for Faculty and Staff,
* Understand best practices in industry for reference checking, interview questions, managing internal candidate process, total rewards and compensation, and structuring on-campus interviews,
* Describe the role of the HR Recruiter, Hiring Manager, Search Committee, Search Committee Chair,
* Understand and minimize Unconscious Bias,
* Draft inclusive and gender neutral job descriptions,
* Identify key tactics to advertise to Under Represented Groups,
* Understand active vs. passive recruitment tactics to develop a customized department strategy for recruitment, and
* Evaluate candidates against success criteria using specific tools.
Participants should also consider registering for the Introduction to Supervisor Training which is offered immediately preceding this course. Another course offered within our Supervisor Seminar Series is Creating a Culture of Engagement and Belonging.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration is required for this event. Use the "Register" link on this page.
Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Reynolda Hall, 301
1834 Wake Forest Road Winston-Salem, NC 27106