Global Foods Tabling Stations. The "PIT"
A different delicious cultural or religious food every other Wednesday in the PIT!
The WFU Global Food Committee is a resource that brings together WFU students, faculty and staff, along with Harvest Table Culinary Group, our WFU dining provider, to discuss, implement, highlight, and share our diverse cultural and religious holidays, celebrations, and heritages as expressed through our foods.
Fall 2018 events
- September 5th. Eid al-Adha. Muslim Student Association (MSA). Halal Pakistani Biryani
- September 19th. Mid-Autumn (Mooncake) Festival. Asian Student Interest Association (ASIA). Moon Cakes
- October 3rd. Jewish High Holidays. Hillel. Date and Honey Glazed Kosher Chicken Thighs
- October 17th. World Food Day & United Nations Day. Student Association for the Advancement of Refugees (SAFAR). Halal Chicken Shawarma
- October 31st. Dia de los Muertos. Organization of Latin American Students (OLAS). Mexican Stew
- November 14th. Diwali. Hindu Student Association (HSA). Vegetable Pulao
- November 28th. Nigeria. African and Caribbean Student Association (Afri-CASA). Jollof Rice and Halal Chicken Ayilata
Wednesday, November 14 at 11:30am
More dates through November 28, 2018
Wednesday, November 28 at 11:30am
Reynolda Hall, THE FRESH FOOD COMPANY (THE PIT)
1834 Wake Forest Road Winston-Salem, NC 27106